What information do we collect?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering for an event, filling out a connect card, giving to the church, signing up for a newsletter, or any time you enter information into our site.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make and the features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Contact and Demographic Info. We may collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, date of birth, grade, gender, marital status and associated family members.
- We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate our websites or app. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our websites or apps and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our websites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
How do we use this information?
- To fulfill the purpose of your visit.
- To follow up after you correspond with us.
- To send emails regarding your account, donation, registration, etc.
- To send periodic email newsletters, text messages, or push notifications you’ve opted in to.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To analyze data, identify usage trends and to evaluate and improve our websites and app experience.
- To facilitate participation in in-service interactions.
- To develop content ideas for future messages, small group resources, social media, podcasts, etc.
Will Your Information Be Shared With Anyone?
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
Who Will Your Information Be Shared With?
Your information will not be shared with any third party. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us using the contact details provided in the section below titled “Contact“.
- Understand and save your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with customized and improved services.
- Aggregate data about site usage in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- Allow Holy Cross Catholic Church to use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies through your browser. If you disable cookies, some of our features may not function properly.
How do I unsubscribe or opt-out of communication from Holy Cross Catholic Church?
Email: Please use the unsubscribe link at the end of our email communications or contact us via the information below.
Do We Collect Information From Minors?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us by using the information in the “Contact” section.
Is my information secure?
To the best of our ability, we have taken the appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our website. All communications between your browser and this website are encrypted with industry-standard SSL Certificates from trusted certificate authorities that your browser already trusts. Backups of our database and website are also encrypted, protecting them in the event of theft or loss.
We utilize Google’s reCAPTCHA to help authenticate valid form responses and prevent any spam messages or entries.
For more information please contact the parish office by email here.