If you have a prayer request, please contact the parish office and they will send it to the Prayer Chain.
Monday & Saturday
- The Annunciation of the Lord to Mary
- The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth
- The Nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ
- The Presentation of our Lord
- Finding Jesus in the Temple at age 12
Tuesday & Friday
- The Agony of Jesus in the Garden
- The Scourging at the Pillar
- Jesus is Crowned with Thorns
- Jesus Carried the Cross
- The Crucifixion of our Lord
Wednesday & Sunday
- The Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- The Ascension of Jesus to Heaven
- The Descent of the Holy Ghost
- The Assumption of Mary into Heaven
- Mary is Crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth
- The Baptism in the Jordan
- The Wedding at Cana
- The Proclamation of the Kingdom
- The Transfiguration
- The Institution of the Eucharist
How to Pray
- The sign of the cross on the Crucifix;
- The prayer “O Lord, open my lips; O God, come to my aid; O Lord, make haste to help me”, still on the Crucifix;
- The Apostles’ Creed, still on the Crucifix;
- The Lord’s Prayer at the first large bead (for the intentions of the pope and the needs of the Church);
- The Hail Mary on each of the next three beads (for the three theological virtues: faith, hope, and charity); and
- The Glory Be on the next large bead.
The Praying of the Decades (repeating this cycle for each mystery)
- Announce the mystery;
- The Lord’s Prayer on the large bead;
- The Hail Mary on each of the ten adjacent small beads;
- The Glory Be on the space before the next large bead; and
- The Salve Regina;
- The Loreto Litany;
- Any further intentions; and
- The sign of the cross.
Hurricane Season Prayer
Prayer for Safety in Hurricane Season
O God, Master of this passing world, hear the humble voices of your children. The Sea of Galilee obeyed Your order and returned to its former tranquility. You are the Master of land and sea.
We live in the shadow of a danger over which we have no control. The Gulf, like a provoked and angry giant, can awake from its seeming calm, overstep its conventional boundaries, invade our land, and spread chaos and disaster.
During this hurricane season, we turn to You, O loving God. Spare us from past tragedies whose memories are still so vivid and whose wounds seem to refuse to heal with the passing of time.
O Virgin, Star of the Sea, Our beloved Mother, we ask you to plead with your Son on our behalf, so that spared from the calamities common to this area and animated with a true spirit of gratitude, we will walk in the footsteps of your Divine Son to reach the heavenly Jerusalem where a storm-less eternity awaits us. Amen.